Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August PTI Blog Hop


It's time for another PTI blog hop! :) It's been awhile since I've had a chance to play so I'm super excited to play this time around! This months theme was to be inspired by autumn. I've always loved watching leaves fall off the trees so I decided to play off of that theme.

Heh, this card is the first one that my hubby has gotten excited about. He was asking about how I got the leaves the way they looked and what the background text said. So cute! :)

Anyways, enough babble and onto the card deets! I really wanted to create a "tree" look rather than just one branch so I stamped the branch from Out on a Limb a few times. Then I wanted to give the leaves a fun fall look so I inked them up in Summer Sunrise and randomly dabbled poppy ink over it. I say randomly dabbled since it's really hard to roll the leaves . And I wanted to get some of the red on the inner leaves as well. Such a fun fall look though!

I also did the same thing for the separate leave and to create the falling look I sketched a trail in pencil and then pierced. Erased the line once I was done piercing -- easy peasy! I also added a touch of glitter to the leaf falling to bring a little more emphasis to it.

Since I hadn't inked up my text backgrounds yet, I decided it could brighten up the scarlet jewel paper just a touch. The scallops are just circles punched out and then I added a little bit of summer sunrise as a continuation of the sentiment and the leaves. I'm actually surprised at how much I love the summer sunrise with the scarlet jewel. I kept trying other colors but this is the combo I kept coming back to.

Hope you all are enjoying the hop! Can't wait to see all the great projects!


Stamps: (Out on a Limb, Out on a Limb Additions, Everyday Classics, Background Text) PTI
Paper: (Summer Sunrise, Scarlet, Dark Chocolate, Cream) PTI
Ink: (Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, White) PTI
Accessories: 3/4 inch circle punch

45 comments:

  1. I love the two toned effect you created on the leaves. Very fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the falling leaf, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! Love your scarlet jewel colors and your fun trail for your leaf. You really projected the warmth of the autumn season.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that falling leaf is soooooo sweet! Great idea to paper pierce its trail.
    I love this aspect of autumn - you've captured it so well!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Belinda! I love this- such a fun idea to have a falling leaf! The two-tone leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the colors, and the falling leaf is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, I love the falling leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS project - love the multiple limbs and the multicolored leaves. PERFECT touch for this. Love the piercing as the way to illustrate movement of the falling leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the text background on the scarlet jewel is perfect. I love the different colored leaves you created. I'm glad you husband liked it, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute comment about your DH, he needs to open his eyes, there is a lot to get excited about with all of your creations. :) Very neat card. I like the falling leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the colors.. LOVE the stamping.. and that falling leaf is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love your leaves. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty, love the falling leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little punched falling leaf is perfect -- what a great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card! I love how you paperpierced that falling leafs trail!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job. The falling leaf with the little trail behind it is precious! (And, how cute that your husband was so into the technical aspects of your card...) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is gorgeous! Your falling leaf is a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your color combination. And the falling leaf. And the script background. And the everything. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab-u-lous. The pierced leaf trail, the dual color leaves, the text background... I absolutely love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so darling.. love the punched holes!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful work of art!!! Love the rich burgandy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice job. I especially like how you made it look like a tree limb instead of just one branch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ***sigh*** GORGEOUS card!!! I love how you dabbled the 2 inks together. I'm going to have to try that. Great job Belinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you did the leaves- they look so amazing! I'll definitely have to try that technique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card! Love how you made the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely Stunning!!! Love all the details! Your work is fabulous, I will definitly be back!

    ReplyDelete
  28. ove that single leaf falling and the piercing with it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning. Love the pierced trail.

    ReplyDelete
  30. gorgeous. LOVE the scarlett jewell and orange together!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful! Love, love, love (did I say love?) the falling leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, FABULOUS! I love the pierced leaf trail!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is beautiful Belinda!! Love the fall colors and the way you two toned the flowers. The piercing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just adore your work!! Your choice to add purple is incredible! Wow! What a statement! I just added you to my twitter and google, so I can keep coming back for more!! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  35. sooo cute, Belinda! love the leaves and the pierced trail you did with the one falling.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The leaves are beautiful, and the falling leaf is so cute. A beautiful interpretation of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card Belinda! Love the two-tone leaves, and the pierced leaf trail looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loving the leaves, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fantastic. Great. I love it.

    The leaves and the leaf trail are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete