Saturday, February 26, 2011

WMS March Preview - Day 1

Welcome to the first day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps March Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FIVE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Tuesday, March 1.  Today we're all featuring Way Out West and Back in the Saddle.


Before we begin, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Sarah, our latest DT member! I know she's going to have some amazing project that wow you all!


Be sure to check out ClaireAnyaBonnieJenniferJuliaLaurieLynnMona, and Sarah who all have fabulous projects to share with you! 

These sets are just jam packed with fun images and sentiments. So great for fun masculine projects!



I stamped off the image to create the lighter "shadow" images. I love the look of the cowboy man just galloping off into the wild wild west.

This patterned paper is actually from My Minds Eye Colorful Christmas collection. Who says Christmas paper is only for Christmas time? ;-)


Part of my very young childhood was spent in Arizona.
And I remember the reddish tint to the "hills".


So I stamped my bg with a nice orangey red. 

once I stamped that, I stamped the front cactus scene over the mountains.
Such a fun effect.

Notice the woodgrain? That's a fun new background image as well! ;-)

(Supply List will be added later. Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.)

30 comments:

  1. woke up and had to check the sneaks. gorgeous.

    ps. you have me linked but i'm not on the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super fun, Belinda! Great work with these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Belinda! You did a fab job combining both of the new stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I LOVE these Belinda!! love the shadow effect and the red hills!! Gorgeous cards!!! YOU're a real wing dinger!!!! Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack I saw the woodgrain on Anya's but didn't' want to get my hopes up! What a lovely scene, Belinda, and I LOVE that sentiment! Wingdinger, giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding Belinda. Such great color and creativity. Your generation stamping with the cowboy image is fantastic-really gives the card movement!

    And your thank-you card with those great southwestern images and colors, especially the way the white vellum pops off from the darker background...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards! That wood grain looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab!!! I love the wood texture stamp - can see that being used a lot too!! And your the desert mountains and cactus - must visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love these Belinda! Such great movement with your cowboy card and the love the colours on your second card - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the cowboy one. The angle you have the horse stamped at looks like he's sliding to a stop like a reining horse. (I'm a horse geek too) I can't wait to see this. I'm so fussy as to what I buy for horse stamps, they have to be in proportion and this set looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so fabulous perfect!! Love them both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great, Belinda! I love the effect you created with the cowboy! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I drove to Sedona, was getting to Flagstaff from Phoenix and the colors of the earth in Sedona is just what you portrayed here in your 'GEE' card. Love that wood grain bg, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cards Belinda! Love what you did with those images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two super western cards Belinda! love the off stamping of the cowboy rider and the great orange mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creations to inspire us to use the sets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Belinda,
    your cards are so amazing cool, love them both :-)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not into cowboys but I like what you've done with the horses...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh. Seriously fabulous. I love the shadow effect AND that great desert scene.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your cards, Belinda! The shadowed image of the rider on the first one is brilliant. And the red hills on second one is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards Belinda ....I love the first one so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic stamp designs and you rocked these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great technique with your buckin' bronco! It looks like he's going to gallup right off the card;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're an enabler. Just sayin'...cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, going to need all of these stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. yum - woodgrain. love how it has been popping up everywhere on the sneak peaks. the shadow effect is awesome. love it!

    ReplyDelete