Monday, February 21, 2011

Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Before you read this post and think I'm super brave...
It's time for a disclaimer.
I'm a big fat chicken....

I'm deadly afraid of ghosts.

Yes, I said it. Ghosts.
When I was little, I used to think there were ghosts in my family's chimney.
I wouldn't sleep alone for the longest time - my poor mother.
I had nightmares for weeks after visiting my grandma's resting place.
Still not a fan of cemeteries.

Yes, I'm a big girl. I realize that ghosts aren't real.
But you won't catch me near a chimney in the dark without a friend.
And I still hold my breath when I'm near a cemetery.
Because you just never know...

There I said my biggest fear.
Now we can go on...

So yes, I did managed to jump out of a plane. Somehow...
But I'm not really that brave... Just crazy... 

Keep in mind that it was a tandem jump.
They don't let the hoi polloi just jump out of a plane by themselves!
So sometimes when I think back, I wonder if I was pushed out of  the plane?



My fellow interns decided that we should all go skydiving.
It sounded like a great plan at the time. I was young. I thought I could conquer the world.

And well, some of these days, I wish I could grab that energy again. Drink that crazy juice.
So I thought I'd scrap this photo to remind me that not so long ago, I didn't think anything could stop me.

I actually can't recall if this photo was taken before or after the jump. But I think it was before... I lost one contact on the way down so I think I switched to glasses after the jump.



Most of the layout contents come from the February Studio Calico kit. I just started subscribing as a means to help me curb some of my excessive spending on paper. I'll let you know how that works out. ;-)

The extra supplies come from Papertrey Ink. I love the Fly Away set designed by Becky Oehlers - that plane is just to adorable! And to think that I hadn't used it yet. Granted the plane I jumped (er, was pushed) out of was probably not that small but it seems like it sometimes. ;-)  A little twine and glue to help simulate the fight path of the little plane and some fun clouds were added as well.




And in case this photo isn't enough proof, there is video evidence that I jumped...



Cardstock: (Horizon, Cream)Bazzill Basics Paper, P(Orange, Kraft)apertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Hopscotch)Basic Grey , (Fine and Dandy)My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico Exclusive Paper
Stamps and dies: Papertrey Ink
Fibers: May Arts (twine)
Accents: (letter stickers)Studio Calico , (gems)My Mind's Eye, (buttons) Papertrey Ink
Tools: (decorative scissors)Provo Craft, (border punch)Fiskars

21 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS layout! Love the colours and love every single element! The twine coming from the plane is just beyond sweet!
    Congrats on doing the jump - I'd love to try that one day....!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great LO Belinda! I love the details and that little plane is super cute. All I can say is you are one brave girl! I could NEVER EVER jump from a plane. Did I mention NEVER EVER? You have my total respect and admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful LO Belinda! Love the plane and the cloud, as I told you on one of your wonderful moving cards.

    The day I wanted to do a air jump, the weather was too bad, so it never happend.

    Greetings from Germany, ines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool page Belinda - love the sweet details like your clouds and the twine flight-path of the plane.
    It's a great way to remember a once-in-a-lifetime experience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous layout! I can't believe you jumped out of a plane... I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is fantastic!! I love how you added the journaling in the little strips with buttons, and the airplane and clouds are so cute!

    I also did a tandem jump about 8 years ago...before having kids of course! Now I would never dream of it. It was awesome and I have some great photos of it. I may just have to dig those up...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your layout! Great colors, patterns and texture. Just perfect. And I am far too chicken to skydive. Parasail, yes. Hanglide, yes. Skydive, no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super great LO, Belinda! And what a wonderful picture and memory to tribute! I bet it was a lot of fun! You would definitely have to push me! I don't think I'd have gone as far as on the plane to be pushed out, though! But, I would like to go on a ghost hunt! I love all the Ghost Hunter shows, and they are facinating to me and my hubby! But, how I'd react if I was actually face to face with a ghost may be a whole other story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, say hello to the scrapbooking and world and introduce yourself as the next Conqueror :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say, I'm uber impressed with one of your first layouts, LOL. So, I'm wondering after reading about your chimney phobia... Does Santa Claus totally freak you out??? :) He's kind of like the ultimate chimney ghost.

    It's OK though, I used to fear that the dead pet fish that got flushed down the toilet were somehow going to come back to life and jump out of the toilet and attack me. Yes, I was afraid of 1" tropical fish. Now I go snorkeling/scuba diving with no problem.. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belinda, your layouts are awesome (I'm such a fan)! Love this one... it reminds me that my hubby & I jumped out of a plane about a week before our wedding. What were we thinking? lol... to be young (minded) again:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout. I love everything about it, but especially the plane and the twine.

    You're so brave. There's no freakin' way I'd ever skydive. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    And good for you, now you have to try solo, believe me it's incredible! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this layout is simply fabulous!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh - i can't believe you said "simulate the flight path" - ahhh ueber dork ;)

    still can't believe you did it and jumped out of a plane!

    beautiful layout. love the lil rhine stone scallop and the lil clouds. great buttons and fun text font. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - VERY brave Belinda! and your page design is super! what a great way to remember this big event!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Belinda... how amazing that you had the guts to jump from a plane. I went bungee jumping once, and I was petrified. LoL... But the experience was such a rush! It's great that you had the chance to do it.
    I LOVE your layout! Every detail is just amazing! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great layout! My husband went skydiving, tandem, many years ago before I met him. He still talks about it to this day and is actively trying to get me to go with him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. BELINDA I LOVE IT!!! You go girl.. Jumping from a plane!!! :)
    Hope your day is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous layout Belinda!!! What a great memory to capture, that plane is just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful layout Belinda! I love the little aeroplane and cloud accents!

    Just for the record you are very brave for doing the jump....for me, I'd rather go to the cemetery at night anytime!

    ReplyDelete