Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to a Crafty Chica

A super belated birthday to the crafty girl that taught me it was ok to use color. Heck, not only was it ok to use color, she told me to throw caution out the door and do crazy color combos. ;-)

So this card is for her. I didn't even try to use any of my normal go-to colors. We went with the brightest colors I own... I know, not as bright as life can be, but we're getting there!

Normally I don't show cards before people get them but... I needed blog fodder and I needed to throw in one small apology before this came your way Carrie (see footnote).


I thought it'd be fun to use some new goodies (Thanks PTI for the Gallery Idol prizes!). I thought it'd be fun to have some balloons trailing out of the car (inspired by a wedding photo with someone holding balloons out of their car window but I can't find the photo for the life of me).  I also knew this card was going to be in a package (what's a late bday card without some goodies?) so I could add all the weight I wanted with no worries.

No naked buttons here! They are all threaded and to add some visual interest, I did thread some of them differently. Not to say that went into mind during placement of the buttons... The "grass" is embossed with holographic embossing powder for the glittery look.


Note: It did occur to me as I showed my hubs the completed card that in the Midwest, green skies indicate an approaching tornado... So its almost as if this card is like "hahaha, you're driving into a dangerous storm -- have fun!" So I'm going to claim artistic vision here... By no means am I wishing anything but the best. :) Perhaps next time I'll stick with blue skies...

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Belinda! I'm sure she'll love it!! I love the balloons coming out of the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun and cute!! love the button balloons and the clouds. i really, really, need to buy those cloud dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Belinda...That is a total Carrie card...I love it...Not to mention the car looks like a beetle which is my fav...great work once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! It even matches my crafty chica zone! :) LOL on the green cloud thing. I would have never known that tidbit, hailing from the northeast. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love this card!
    How clever of you to use the buttons for balloons! This is SO cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Belinda! I had no idea that green skies meant tornado... ack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! I LOVE the colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun Belinda. I love the punched out clouds and the grouping of balloon buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belinda, this is awesome! I love the bright colors & those special balloons are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!!! Love the punches out clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, this is the reason why you are the Gallery Idol! Love the layout and the elements! Love the colors and your post is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda I LOVE it!!! So CUTE and such FUN colors!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stinkin' cute, Belinda!! Love those button balloons and the green clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors and the dimension this card has. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so sweet - the colours really add to the fun nature of the card!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. SQUEAL....this is freakin' ADORABLE! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! How cute is that??!!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this!! The button balloon bouquet is so cute, and I love how you cut the clouds! This is such a HAPPY card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. TOTALLY TOTALLY CUTE !!! THE BALLOONS ARE A PERFECT TOUCH AND THE CUT OUT CLOUDS .......... SMART!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely wonderful card Belinda!! It makes me want that car set!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really super cute! Love all the fun and happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! Fantastic card!! Your footnote is funny, it didn't occur to me either, I like the green!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love everything about this: the bright, cheerful colors, the clouds you cut out, the way you photographed it - it is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those bright colours and the fabby button balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome!!! I love the balloons and clouds!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so cute, Belinda! I could go into detail on why, but it's easier to say, "Everything!" :-D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card! The colors are great and the ballon buttons are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card. Thanks for showing me a great way to use Enjoy the Ride. Love how you cut out the clouds and added the balloons.

    ReplyDelete