Wednesday, March 3, 2010

XOXO

It's been awhile since I've just been able to create. Since Jan, I haven't had much breathing room between the traveling and work. So it felt good to finally have a breather.

I got my hands on some of the Love Me Do collection from My Mind's Eye. I pulled my sewing machine out again... and finally mastered my fear of going around corners with the zig zag stitch. I think I even managed to sew straight for the most part...

When I saw the little punch out of the birds and the balloon, I knew I had to use it. Everything else just revolved around that. I punched out a heart and adhered it to the balloon. I also ran a clear glaze pen over the birds wings... while its not noticeable over the photo, I've had a lot of fun doing these days. It adds a little dimension.

The XOXO is also from the punch outs, but I trimmed it to fit my needs. Stuck a little hat pin through the ribbon and used a little glue dot to keep everything in place. :)

So fun and simple.

13 comments:

  1. Your sewing is immaculate and that little punched out birds and balloon die is adorable. I can't resist smiling. Love the off-center cloud paper behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are those birds? Love your cloud paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birds are just too cute! I am really liking my sewing machine right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda this is so CUTE!!! Nice job on the stitching!!! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! Love the birds! I have got to get me a sewing machine!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. That cloud paper makes it just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, and glad you had some time to get inky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sewing came out perfect! Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing card! I love your sewing and that image is just adorable. Cute!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl! This ROCKS, right down to the little tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay. This is screamingly cute. Great job with the sewing, though any sewing is great sewing when you're sewing-impaired like me. :D

    ReplyDelete