Thursday, March 11, 2010

A little Craft Fair loving!

So I'm totally creeping in at the last minute... The American Crafts Postmarked Week Challenge was to create a card using at least 2 American Crafts products. Perfect time to pull out some unloved products. :) So I have 4 cards to share for this challenge. Bear with me and my long post!

I've had Craft Fair from American Crafts laying around for ages and I really was itching to use it again. So tonight I pulled it out and started playing around with the papers and embellishments I had in my craft area.

BFF Card
So I loved the owl paper from Craft Fair the minute I saw it. Aren't these little critters adorable? I'm one of those hoarders that never cuts into paper I LOVE. I just can't bear it sometimes... but today I did the unthinkable, I cut into all my favorite papers! This is totally a card of faves.

Isn't that pink woodgrain TO DIE for? And those owls? Both are papers I finally cut into. I trimmed the little owls out and then sewed on a little zig zag stitch on my patterned paper. I also used my FAVORITE thickers. Note that sometimes thickers can be used as pseudo-brads as well. *Smile* The BFF stands for Best Friends Forever. :) I used to use that phrase all the time in junior high...

Whoo Loves You? Card
I had an extra owl cut out that I had been playing with for the first card. I also have been hoarding the Craft Fair stickers... especially the branch with this adorable sentiment! So I cut a fun circle into my Craft Fail patterned paper and added dimensional adhesive to lift it from the back. Added a little faux stitching with my white gel pen as well. And who doesn't love buttons? I thought I could use a little edging and so I glued a gazillion buttons on.

The hearts are stamped using Earth Angel from Waltzingmouse Stamps and then carefully trimmed. I think it gives a little color to the inside.


Homespun Hugs Card
So when I first saw the spools of thread from the Craft Fair line I just wanted to cut them out! And then I saw the button rubons! Can I say that I LOVE that the American Crafts rubons keep their color even if you put them on colored cardstock or in this case, kraft.

I applied a little dimensional adhesive to my spools and arranged them together. I just love the buttons on the side and I'm sad that I have no more... And I tied a pink ribbon on the side to separate it a little.

I love the homespun hugs sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I think it fits the bill. The scallops are just 7/8 inch circle punches. And I did a zigzag stitch along the edge of the card for some more "homespun" effect.

Thank You Sew Much Card
This last one is actually the first one I made tonight. Again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the rubons work so well against colored paper. The nice thing about the American Crafts patterned paper is that one side is solid. Since I didn't have cardstock in some of these colors, it worked really well for me.

I used my nesties to create a circle. Again, I really like insetting my images (as you've seen with this card and the Whoo Loves You Card). I stamped the sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps.






BFF Card
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Paper: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate)
Letter Stickers: American Crafts (Thickers)
Border Punch: Fiskars

Whoo Loves You? Card
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Paper: Papertrey Ink (White)
Sticker: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Pen: Signo Uniball
Buttons: Making Memories

Homespun Hugs Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Paper: Papertrey Ink (Kraft)
Punch: EK Success (7/8 inch circle)
Rub-ons: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Ribbon: Martha Stewart
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Thank You Sew Much Card
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Paper: Papertrey Ink (White)
Rub-ons: American Crafts (Craft Fair)
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink (Red Satin)

12 comments:

  1. Yay for not keeping this fun paper all to yourself! Fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all wondeful! I especially love the sewing card, too cute!
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all totally fabulous! I'm glad I don't have to choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda I LOVE all the cards.. so CUTE!!! You have been BUSY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh these are awesome! Love how bright they are

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all of these! Fantastic creations!!!

    ReplyDelete