Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday David

Happy birthday to my kid brother. :) A whole new decade! And I just realized how old I am... ahhhck.

Ok, onto the card. I kept it simple and to the point. First off, I was going to mail it so I avoided buttons and ribbon. I even avoided dimensional adhesive. Secondly, it's for a guy.

I sewed the two edges, leaving the top and bottom clean. I'm learning that it's fun to just sew parts of the card for more impact. Heh. (Ok, honestly? I couldn't figure out the best way to turn when I got to the corner so I figured I'd do just the two sides). But despite that, there is something to be said about selective sewing.

Since my brother was born so close to St Patty's day, I figured I'd play off of that. And I've been having a lot of fun with Celtic Heritage, so why stop now? That and my desk is a mess so it's about the only set I can find right now. Haha! I stamped the happy 3 times in white. Used a square punch to get the edges. I love that the set has all the words as separate stamps so that I can choose my own colors. :)

Hope everyone's having a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Such a great card for a guy, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS guy design on this card Belinda! love the panel slipped under the sentiment bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I like the selective sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, love the fresh, clean design.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guy card Belinda. I LOVE that you only sewed the sides..looks very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great masculine card. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great guy card! Bet your brother loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your reasoning for the selective sewing. It DOES add more visual interest no matter what your reason. :D

    I really love this card. It's clean, simple, and fantastic. I also really like that stamp set. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the simple design

    ReplyDelete