Monday, March 29, 2010

I Love You

It's been a year... yesterday. A year of being in a new location, a year of a new last name and a year of cooking for someone besides me. To celebrate, we ate cake, cake that has been in the back of the freezer for a year. Surprisingly tasty cake for being in our freezer for so long... I'm still eating cake. I had cake for breakfast and lunch (shhh, don't tell -- although my thighs might spill the beans).



So here's my card. I didn't want to share it early but I made it awhile back (you can tell because my sewing machine wasn't acting up then -- time to get a new one but I'm a cheapo and am gonna keep milking my sewing machine until I want to throw it out the window. I'm close... but not close enough to spend the moolah on a new one). I scored the base as per the PTI Princess Challenge a couple of challenges back. :) I scored a base line and then a fun diamond pattern.

Be sure to check out all the WMS DT blogs and Claire's blog for April's WMS sneek peeks! :) I'll be posting Wednesday! :)

12 comments:

  1. I love those colors together. This is a really cute card.
    I'm all caked-out, too. I have 3 kids' birthdays in 2 days--yesterday and today, so I feel your pain. Bill Cosby says chocolate cake for breakfast is just fine, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the first anniversary!! Glad the cake was still edible. Hoping this next year takes you to new places together and that you can celebrate at the end of the 2nd year as gracefully.

    Super cute huffalump card.....lovin the colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Belinda! I can't believe it's been a whole year already! Love your cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well happy anniversary Belinda! Good for you for eating cake. It soothes the soul...
    Your card is adorable and made me actually squeal with delight when I saw it. Thanksfully I'm alone in my office and no one heard me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love the sewing and I love how you paper pieced the elephant. Congrats on your anniversary :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, Belinda! And I can't believe it's been a year already! I remember you working on wedding plans and talking about the big day on the PTI forum...it seems like just yesterday! Happy Anniversary! It only gets better:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so super cute, congrats on one year of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been a year! My husband and I are coming up on our 15th year and I have never been happier. Your card is adorable. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable card...really love it and happy anniversary! Enjoy those wonderful moments...it only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated anniversary wishes.

    That's a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete