Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Papertrey Princess Challenge 1 - Paper Piecing


Diane
challenged us to paper piece. I decided to pull out a MFT set since I haven't given these any love for awhile -- and these are great to piece. Ok... really, the story is I stamped her in Staz-on cos I'm out of graphite black and I can't find a re-inker for the life of me....everywhere I've looked online is sold out. So I had to paper piece her if I was going to use this image. Darn all your crafty ladies buying the reinker! ;-)

I paper pieced her dress, boots and the dog's little coat. Also stamped the umbrella in Versamark and added some clear embossing powder and "paper pieced" that sucker.

In addition, I thought it might be fun to add some fun poms on the bottom of her dress. I had these poms in my stash for awhile and I just haven't had a chance to use them ever but they keep taunting me. They finally won. I pop-dotted the dress so that the poms didn't stand out too much. I also added a little pom to the center of the flower cluster since it just seemed more fun. :-)

I did add a little coloring with colored pencil. Originally was going to pair it with the orange paper but eh, minds change... coloring can't. The puddle is also glossy accented.

Stamps: My Favorite Things (Rain or Shine)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Everafter), Archivers
Ink: Staz-on black
Accessories: Poms (Archivers), Glossy Accents, Apron Lace punch (Fiskars), Pins (Maya Road), Ribbon (Craft Supply), Flowers (Making Memories)

12 comments:

  1. I have never yet been taunted by a pom pom but from your description they sound like clever little embellishments and I can see why you were teased into using them on this card, the resulting effect is quite nice, so I'd trust their opinion. And right now I'm trying to find a source for Versamark dazzle reinker. I'd lend you my graphite black, but sorry, it gets a workout here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the paper piecing, and those pom-poms are such a fun embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card. Love your color scheme and you did a fab job on the paper piecing. Love that image too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the colors, and the pom poms are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, Belinda! This is the cutest! I love the colors and the pom poms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, love the colors and the added pompoms, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Great paper piecing and I love the pom poms! Fabulous!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is just tooo cute! Thanks so much for accepting my challenge. This makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that???? I just love it. Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda this is DARLING! I LOVE it! Great job on the challenge!! (hoping to get to mine this weekend!!)
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY! I just saw it on our PTI Princess's calender! Hope your day was GREAT Belinda!

    ReplyDelete