Thursday, March 5, 2009

Monster Tubes

Have I mentioned how much I *love* the new Stephanie Fizer sets? Ok, so when do I not as her images are always sooo cute! ;)

I have yet another fun project to share with the Hooga Booga set that I didn't have time to post onto my blog before the release. There were just 3 days and so many things to share! But it was definitely a fun run and I'm glad that the MFT team gave me a chance. :-) Definitely fun and you guys should give it a shot if you haven't! Seriously, if I can do it, so can you. ;-)

This was actually one of my first projects with this set. I created some fun acrylic tubes to hold some tasty jelly beans! I created the tubes by cutting 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 size pieces of transparency. I used glue lines (glue dots could work too - lines are just easier) to line one of the long edges of the transparencies. I kept the clear lining on the glue until I was ready to line things up. I tried to line the top and bottom first and the rest just "came together".

The tops and bottoms were created the same way. I wrapped some DP around the edges - and on the inside, I have some strips of paper attaching the edges to the bottom piece. I had a little trouble with some of the stability of the holders but that's mainly because I'm impatient. ;-)

I punched two holes into the acrylic near one edge - one on each side. I strung ribbon through and then tied it together on the top to hold everything together.

Let me just say as a precaution - Jelly Bellies are very pungent. My tummy kept growling when I was filling the tubes and taking the pics!

The tags were pretty simple and fun to create as well. I punched some circles from the dp. Glued them together and attached a cut out critter. Used the SU Word Window Punch for the sentiments and some fun gems to jazz it all up! Threaded some silver jewelry trim and tied the tag to the ribbon.

See, clear as mud! But really, you can use the tags on anything (or for that matter, attach anything to the clear tubes). Definitely cheaper than buying your own - tags or tubes!

Stamps: Hooga Booga (MFT)
Paper: Urban Prairie (Basic Grey)
Other: Ribbon (Martha Stewart), Gems (Hero Arts), Eyelets (Making Memories)

14 comments:

  1. wow! you have been super busy lately...your stuff is really cute! looks like you had a fun time being a guest designer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Those are so stinkin' cute!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, jellybeans! These are a cute idea! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is too cute, I love it!!! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Belinda! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so so so cute!! Love how colorful the whole thing is! You're getting me into that springtime mood!! :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Those are amazing. So clever, cute, and practical too. Gotta love when things are practical. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monster tubes....What fun ...How I have missed all your wonderful and totally unique creations on your blog page....Wonderful just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely clever idea!
    I love treat holders that show the contents, and these showcase those yummy jellybeans so well. Wonderful idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just making my rounds for the Papertrey Princesses! I'm so excited for our group!! Love these tubes.. so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete