Monday, March 2, 2009

MFT Sneak Peak - Nite Nite Ellie Bookmark

Just wanted to show yet another fun thing to do with Nite Nite Ellie. :-) In case you missed my first post, I'm going to remind everyone that My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, March 4th from 9-10 PM EASTERN. This month there are 5 new sets being released including a Who's that Girl who is hanging with her peeps! Head over to the MFT forum on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ to find out all the details

One of the things I remember the most about bedtime was that my parents would read me a book. The fun thing about story time for me was that I didn't speak English as a child so my parents would actually "translate" the Berenstain Bears (my fave) for me. The story was never the same each night due to some inconsistent translations. ;-) Maybe that's why I liked it better than my Chinese bedtime books - it was always an adventure and the story was never the same. ;-)

So when I saw Nite Nite Ellie, the first thing that came to mind was to create a bookmark! And what's the best way to present a bookmark? Ah yes... a bookmark card!

I hope the pictures make it somewhat self explanatory but I'll try to explain it a little more in detail.

Bookmark:
I created the bookmark first, making it smaller than your typical card. I attached Ellie onto the bookmark - but only glued her head on as if she's "hanging" (wow that sounds morbid). I can measure it if anyone's interested but I kind of eyed everything...

Now onto the card:
I created a simple layout, knowing that Ellie the bookmark was going to there as well - however, I wanted the design to still be able to stand alone somewhat even after the bookmark was removed.

When I glued things down, the bottom layer was attached last and I only put adhesive on the edges, thereby creating a little blanket for Ellie to rest in. :-)

Stop by tomorrow for even more sneak peeks - I'll be sharing my projects for this month's WTG set (or as I like to call it, the headless ladies. ;-)

Totally enjoying my short term here as one of the MFT Guest Designers this month. Thanks to Kim and team for letting me have at it!

Stamps: Nite Nite Ellie (MFT)
Paper: Penny Lane (My Minds Eye), Making Memories
Other: Button (Making Memories), Ribbon (May Arts), Border Punch (Martha Stewart)

7 comments: