Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MFT Blog Hop - Hooga Booga

Welcome to my corner of the world! If you didn't come here from Michelle's blog, you should start at the beginning of the hop at Kim's blog for some GREAT inspiration. As one of this month's guest designers, I feel privileged to be among some talented ladies! ;-)

I've been saying this all week but just as a reminder:
My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, March 4th from 9-10 PM EASTERN. This month there are 5 new sets being released including a Who's that Girl who is hanging with her peeps! Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. If I can do it, so can you! ;-)

Okay, on to the eye candy! I couldn't really decide what to show so I'm going to show two projects (well, one and a half perhaps). Mainly because I really loved the Hooga Booga set and I just couldn't put it down!

Card

For the card, I paper pieced three of the cute little critters. When I first saw this monster/critter, I just really wanted them to link arms. I linked their arms together but cutting out the arms (and gluing them back in behind the paper piecing). It reminds me of all the times I played Red Rover as a child. Isn't that saying just adorable? I stamped it three times for a little more fun and to extend my sentiment a little.



Scrappy Gift
As some of you may know, I'm getting married in less than a month (gasp!). For my grooms gift, I decided that I'd make my honey something he can treasure forever. I'm going to show a few select pages as a girl's gotta have some privacy! ;-) Can't show my lovey dovey-ness or R rated commentary on a blog. *smirk*

For the cover, I stamped the cloud images from the Hooga Booga set onto the acrylic. Once it dried, I used my glue pen to fill in the area and pressed some white flock on. I think it turned out quite well. :-) I have to admit, it looks pretty cool to see flock on acrylic in person.

Since the album is graduated in size, I let some of the little critters peek out from the edges. The scallop papers between the acrylic pieces are actually just cardstock that I trimmed to match the size of the album. I don't believe in a 5 page album.

All the little critters (and they're all over the book in various spot) are either paper pieced or colored and all have a little flock on them as well (since I've learned my honey likes texture and all things fuzzy).

Everything else I think its pretty self explanatory. To make it a little more fun, a lot of my pages have windows into the next page - easier said than done sometimes... I have a lot of punches to sharpen this weekend and a sore hand. ;-)


Okay, I've kept you here long enough... I'm sure you're all ready to move on to the next stop on the blog hop - the lovely and ever so talented Jody!

Hooga Booga Card:
Stamps: Hooga Booga (MFT)
Paper: Urban Prarie (Basic Grey)
Other: Ribbon (May Arts), Buttons (Making Memories), Large Oval Nestabilities

Clear Love Scrapbook:
Stamps: Hooga Booga (MFT), Polka Dot Basics (PTI), Borders and Corners Monogram Edition (PTI)
Paper: Alissa (Bo Bunny), Bazzill, Making Memories
Other: Ribbon (American Crafts), Thickers (Poolside Vinyl - American Crafts), Fun Flock, Various circle, square and scalloped punches (EK Success, Marvy Uchida), Scrapworks Exposed Album (Flip Book : 4 by 9)

37 comments:

  1. OMGosh, SUPER cute stuff!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff! Love the hooga boogas all lined up arm in arm. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks like the Hooga Booga's are boogying down :D. Fantastic. Love the stamps with the minibook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That book is awesome. What did you use for the pages? That is SO cool. Your card is adorable also! I LOVE their interlocking arms! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madnificent! The colors and those little monsters are soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First Off! CONGRATS on the pending wedding... Does the FDH KNOW what a mess he's gettin into??? or is the book a CLUE! LOL

    Secondly: The fun images on your card paired with the whimsical papers is TOTALLY neat... ummm, I'm thinking that all that cutting is TOO much...Did/was masking WORSE? LOL YES! I plan to case! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours! Gorgeous projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun projects you made.... super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, I love all the work you did on this, fantastic!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this book is just amaZING! I just love the colors and all the details you added. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - love that album. Both projects are super.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT job, the new Hubby will love that handmade gift album... You card is amazingly bright and happy, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous projects, Belinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing job Belinda!!! I absolutely LOVE your first card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects!!! Love the little album!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your journal. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! Very stunning color combinations on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your happy card and your soon to be hubby will love that gift---it is amazing! Congrat to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cards and that gift album is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  20. jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com)March 4, 2009 at 6:49 AM

    A-MAAAAAA-ZING! These is supah dupah CUUUUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty. I really like the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great gift. You're right, he'll have it Forever.......

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are fabulous! I LOVE the linked arms on the card! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WONDERFUL projects, Belinda - I love you linked those sweet little Hooga Booga images together! Best wishes on your upcoming wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! your projects are fantastic! love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects! I bet your fiance will love his gift!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love!!!! The patterned paper for the little character bodies is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing gift! I can only imagine how much time went into this and it was worth every minute. This is truly beautiful! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your makes , the colours are so bright and cheery !
    maddy Uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is freaking amazing.

    Great job.

    I'm sure he'll love it and treasure it!

    ReplyDelete