Monday, March 2, 2009

MFT Sneak Peak - Nite Nite Billie...

I'm so thrilled to be sharing some MFT sneak peaks as one of this month's guest designers! :-) This is a sneak peak of a Stephanie Fizer set being released by MFT this Wednesday!

My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, March 4th from 9-10 PM EASTERN. This month there are 5 new sets being released including a Who's that Girl who is hanging with her peeps! Head over to the MFT forum on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ to find out all the details

For my card, I used Nite Nite Ellie. This set is also a Charity set and $2 from each retail set sold will benefit St. Judes Children Hospital for the first 6 months of release! How cool is that?

Although instead of using Ellie, I converted her to a "him"... and so I've renamed this cutie Billie. ;-) Hope Jen del Muro doesn't mind since I've learned this set was her idea and based off her very cute daughter. Just wanted to really show how you can use the set even if you don't have a little girl.

Once I colored in little Billie, I cut him out (with some selective cutting). When you see the full image, it'll make sense but I basically cut out the ponytail and then trimmed the head to be a little less round. I felt like the roundness made him still look feminine.

I'll have more sneak peaks this week (maybe even another one later today as I have a bunch of projects to share!) And be sure to stop by the party on Wednesday! It'll be great fun! The MFT sets this month are just too cute!

Tip: With suggestive cutting, you can increase the diversity of your stamps! Try cutting out only parts of the image so see what you get!

Stamps: Nite Nite Ellie (MFT)
Paper: Penny Lane (My Minds Eye)
Other: Button (Making Memories), Ribbon (American Crafts), Threading Water punch (Fiskars), Circle Punches (EK Success), Flock, Paper Piercer, Large Scallop Circle Nestabilities

4 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Love those Stephanie Fizer sets, so adorable! :)
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love how you changed it from a girl to a boy. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete