Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release - Day 2

Welcome to the second day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring EIGHT new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Friday, July 1.

Today the DT is featuring Big Day Essentials and Big Day Additions. These are a wonderful set of sentiments, perfect for that big day. I will say for the record, I am glad my "big day" is behind me. :) Although this set would certainly have made my invites and my thank you notes so much prettier! 

So let's go ahead and get started!

Thank You Chevron Card
I figured I'd start with the card that has a story.

Yes, that's glitter. Lots and lots of glitter.My husband spends his summers umpiring HS baseball.
When unsupervised, I decide to do stupid crafty things
(His words, not mine)
I think it's quite brilliant actually...

I also asked my husband for a protractor.
He told me I was probably the only person in the world who would use a protractor to make a chevron pattern.
I think he's wrong...  surely someone else has asked for a protractor for crafty reasons...
Protractors are not just pieces of plastic we bought because it was on our 4th grade supply list... right?

He also told  me he wouldn't lend me his for fear of glitter.
How rude!
Ok, actually we couldn't figure out which box the protractor would be in...

So back to my glittery paper.
I didn't have anything with a chevron pattern.
After thinking about this, I realized I had a lot of glitter.
In lots of fun colors.
And glitter is a wonderful thing.

So I took some adhesive paper, adhered it to some scrap paper, scored a chevron pattern.
And then just like those sand art pieces of art I used to love as a child, I peeled off selective pieces of the adhesive backing and then applied glitter.
Lovely lovely glitter!


Thank You Card
Ok after that attack on your eyes, I figured a simple card can help calm you down a bit.
Simple and sweet.

The first thing I did was stamp the sentiment. Then I drew the frame to create a fun little border.
And then punched the stars. Don't try to do it the other way. It's so much harder to punch the stars and then try to draw a border. Not that I would know...

And then I backed the stars with some patterned paper.
Easy Peasy.


Best Wishes Lace Card
Another easy peasy card and it would be so easy to mass produce this.
I stamped a pretty doily image from Dainty Doilies - Small. And then embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder. Added a little scoring detail and there you go!

This would make a lovely thank you card as well. Just modify that sentiment. :)

Best Wishes Cake Card
The cake and border comes from a set you'll see more of tomorrow. But really, that set works so perfectly with Big Day Essentials. :)  I stamped the cake and then embossed the pattern with silver EP. Since I wasn't patient enough to wait for the pink ink to dry first, I had speckles of silver in my cake -- but it adds flair!

Ok, I'm off to go shower again...  I'm still covered in glitter. Despite showering twice already today.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by everyone's fabulous creations!

Belinda Chang Langner -- you are here!

29 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda!! Your cards are truly delightful!! I enjoyed reading your description on the process too. It's hard to pick a favourite, but I really like the Thank You card. Simple and Stunning! Great job!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, and I loved the commentary!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, Belinda! You have made gorgeous cards here!! Love them all and the glitter is just amazing, I do love it!! :-) But my fave is the Thank you card, I love the way you let the amazing sentiment flow into the frame and the stars are so pretty!!! Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing bunch of cards, such a beautiful script style font, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, Belinda. I love glitter. I don't always like the mess, but the results are stunning...and so are all of these cards. BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Belinda! love the glittery chevrons and the punched stars backed by colorful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Belinda!! Literally! I love the glitter card and the others are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic selection of cards - I really enjoyed your story about the chevrons!! Love the star card - the font is so elegant on the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are all amazing and I'm not sure if I can pick just one fav. Although I am really drown to the stars card...

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Love love those cards to bits. The glitter story is hilarious - one shiny umpire ;) and for the record - i use my protractor to draw perfect hexagons...just sayin' from one dork to another ;)

    i'm looking forward to a good cake set and am so glad there is finally a big day set coming! love love the stars on the one card and the heat embossed sentiment on the blue. stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so lovely! I wish I had these stamps in my hands RIGHT NOW! And for the record...I love the chevron card...the time it must have taken to make that beauty...so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these - especially the punched stars!! My husband is afraid of glitter, too, and our cat has been found to have a speck or two on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards! The glitter is fab - I can't imagine how much it sparkles in person. The punched stars card is fantastic, too - the pop of color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man oh man, what a collection of beauty Belinda!! Love the sparkly chevron!! And your punched stars are just super fabulous!! Your watermarked doily is so elegant, and your cake is just the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are all BEAUTIES!!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that chevron card is AWESOME! You should do a tutorial on how to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! The chevron card is brilliant. And I've fallen in love with the font from Big Day Essentials.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet collection of cards Belinda! love the embossed sentiment and all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I still have a protractor to use!!! I have often had a need for one while crafting, just had to do without!!!

    Your cards are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Classic, elegant, simple, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so creative. Love your creations. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Each card is so creative Belinda! You are brave to tackle all that glitter on the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All your cards are fabulous. That glittery chevron is the bomb.

    Did the glitter travel much?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where do I begin, you super crafty girl! I always love your commentary, actually, just as much as you cards, which is saying alot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Belinda - I love your thank you card with the stars. What a cleaver idea to continue the line around the page. I love the pop of the colors too. This is just GENIOUS! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete