Thursday, June 9, 2011

Best Wishes

Ok, with all the talk about me hating weddings, I thought I'd make one point clear.
I really do love certain weddings.

A wedding centered around love.
A wedding with family.
A wedding where you feed me well...
(Especially with tasty Indian food)
Please invite me to those. :)

My husband was part of the wedding party in a fun Indian wedding a few weekends ago.
D and M are just perfect for each other and we couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of their wedding.

That and there was loads of Indian food.
Oh my! I was in heaven.
I don't think I've ever eaten that much...

I happened to stop by to visit my parents while the guys had their bachelor party.
And my mom told me that my bum was smaller and better looking now.
Thanks mom...
But I'm pretty sure any "bum fat" that I lost, I gained right back.

I don't have food pics because honestly, I gobbled it down before I could take a pic.
Not to mention, I'm not sure Indian food really photographs well...

And how do you go to a wedding without a card?


This was a quicky card because I was on the road the week before the wedding. I almost flew into Chicago directly so I didn't waste a day driving (in addition to flying). 

So the card... Stamped some simple flowers and then outlined with copics. A sentiment and the best attempt at a mehndi like effect that I could find (from Victorian Frippery). Sure, it's not totally Indian but perhaps Claire will come out with a lovely Mehndi set? :)

Speaking of mehndi, I had a little done on my hand at the sangeet.


Um, yeah, I am not patient enough to wait for it to set before I washed it off..
But it was loads of fun to have done!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. Indian cuisine is so yummy. Lovely wedding card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your stories Belinda! Love this card! One of my fav TCM sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me chuckling all the way through your post...Your mom sounds like my Momma:) Gorgeous card and coolio on the mehndi, even if you did wash it off before it set, at least you took a pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! I love your dress - great color for you. And your hubby looks fantastic, too - what cool wedding attire. Indian food at a wedding?! I'd be in heaven, too - my absolute fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUCKY LUCKY you!!!! I am drooling just thinking about Indian food, sigh... love your wedding card, elegance redefined!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was fun! cute dress too :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a rich post! Love your card and the mehndi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great colour inspiration photos you took. The colours are amazing. And you are a master of that Victorian Frippery border stamp, it is your 'fault' entirely that I had to buy that set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great wedding!! And what a lovely card, the flowers are so beautiful. And Look at your hand, that is too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh the henna looks fabulous. i'm so jealous that you got to have some fantastic indian food! and the card is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Belinda. Didnt know you like Indian food. When you visit Switzerland, dont forget to visit me...will treat you with excellent food(I am a superb cook!!!)and special henna (good at that too).

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is fabulous. Your dress is gorgeous. Your hub looks great in his Indian garb. That cake is gorgeousness.

    I don't think you can gain weight back into your bum from one meal. But I might be wrong.

    The mehndi is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete