Friday, June 17, 2011

Friends of WMS June Waltz


It's the 17th!
It's the Friends of WMS Waltz!
This month's waltz is all about July 4th and Americana.
Celebrating the red, white and blue!
Be sure to check out all the fabulous waltzers here on this thread


The husband's cousin just competed in the state-level Special Olympics.
Congrats M!

I've always thought it was pretty cool that she participated.
So I thought I'd send her a little "Hurrah" card!
Not knowing what colors she liked,
And Olympics always makes me think of the red, white and blue.
I figured who can go wrong with a red, white and blue card?
(and kraft for some good measure!)

I actually stamped one of the ornament centers from Vintage Ornaments and embossed with with a clear holographic embossing powder. I love sparkly. :) It sort of looks like the star beams, don't you think? Added a punched out star and some buttons.  I created a little banner and stamped the sentiment from Fancy Phrases.

I sort of played around and thought it might be a touch too simple.
Yet I couldn't figure out what more to add.
So I let it be.
Because sometimes it's better just to let things be.



Thanks for waltzing by!

30 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Belinda. I really love lots of 'white' space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this one Belinda, and it's also on Kraft, a big favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation Belinda.....perfect!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just perfect the way it is! I love CAS!! You're right the ornament centre looks like starlight. Congrats to your husband's cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - Stunning - LOVE LOVE LOVE the simplicity of your card! GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this CAS design Belinda! what a great stamp background for your layered button star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Belinda, the starburst behind the star is wonderful, a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is fabulous!! What a perfect Americana card! So CAS and Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Belinda, I love the star and the stacked buttons. So simple and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh americana cute!!! love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurrah is right. This card is outstanding Belinda. Love your star/button focal point. Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this CAS card Belinda! Congrats to your hubs cousin - what an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this looks amazing and I love the layers of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet CAS card, Belinda, but so much to look at! The little layered star with the buttons is fabulous, and I love the sparkle in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is cool, Congrats M!
    And great card B!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it looks great just as is too. Very clever with the ornament center on the burst!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Belinda, your card is perfect just as it is! I love your sparkly star beams.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fun and cheerful lil card. i love the lil glitter rays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought that gold burst looked familiar but couldn't place it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! This card is wonderful. I think the holographic beams emanating from the star are a fabulous creative effect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love the simplicity of this card Belinda. Hurrah indeed!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! What a great CAS design and the extra sparkle is such fun. Perfect sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this card Belinda! The sparkle is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oftentimes less is more and this is one of those instances.

    This is fabulous. I love the sparkly rays shooting from the ever-so-cute polka-dot star. the stacked buttons, that fuzzy twine, and the banner are perfect.

    I'm sure she'll love it. Who wouldn't?

    Kudos to her for putting herself out there and competing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The card is absolutely perfect--it's easy to see why you are a Papercrafts idol! Just love the polka dot star on the glittered starburst!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this!! I love the holographic sparkle in the background with your layered star and buttons. Super charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this Belinda - especially how you used that holiday stamp in the background. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete