Monday, July 6, 2009

PC Gallery Idol Week 1 - wedding theme

This week's PC Gallery Idol's challenge was to create a wedding card. Somehow being just married, one would think this would be easy peasy. Quite the contrary! I had kicked every wedding thought out of my mind -- I was so thrilled when the wedding was over! I am NOT eager to ever go through that again (hoping I never have a little girl...hah!)

When I was dress shopping, I LOVED all the fun beading on the designer dresses. I couldn't afford any of the designer dresses (or rather chose to spend the money on the guests rather than a dress I wear once), but that doesn't mean I can't mimic it on my cards! My favorite designer is Maggie Sottero, so much fun inspiration there! :D Sadly, my favorite dress is already gone but there's lots of other fun dresses! Oh I could just swim in them!

The swirl is hand doodles with a glue pen -- after all, if designers hand bead their dresses, I can hand doodle a swirl. ;-) I wanted to give it an ethereal look - after all, isn't that how all women feel about their wedding day?

Hopefully this evokes enough memories or dreams of futures to be that it'll launch me into the top 15. :D

Please consider voting for me today! Voting is open from noon MST today to noon MST Thursday. (2pm EST, 11 Cali). My entry is #17 in the voting tab


Supplies: Cardstock (White, Blue) Papertrey Ink, (Vellum,Gray) Archivers, Clear Stamps: (sentiment from Everyday Classics) Papertrey Ink, Rubber Stamp: (silhouette) Inkadinkadoo, Ink: (Cobblestone) Vivid!, Accents: (Flower) Maya Road, (Pearls) Hero Arts, Border Punch (Martha Stewart)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Belinda! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda- your card is beautiful...I just went over to vote! 17 is my lucky number, hope it does the same for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The color is really soft and pretty, love the beading work too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely and elegant Belinda! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegent card, Belinda! And good luck with the gallery idol!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, elegant card! :)

    ReplyDelete