Monday, July 20, 2009

Paper Crafts Idol - Buttons buttons everywhere!

Buttons, buttons everywhere and not a single one on cloth! Round 3 voting for Paper Crafts Gallery Idol has started with this round's theme of buttons. As usual, there's lots of great inspiring pieces in the gallery!

I really wanted to make sure the card was centered around buttons. So the first thing that came to mind was a fun summer card. I've been spending lots of time in the office and I'd give anything to be catching some rays!

I've been inspired by the recent posts from the Verve DT so I figured I'd point out a few of my design tips as well! I think I'll try to do this in more of my cards - so you can understand how I think and so I can better understand how I think too! I've always believed that you have to be able to clearly explain your choices!


1. I love the brightness that the buttons add to the piece and it outlines my sun nicely as well. It also keeps your eyes centered in the card. It's like an auto border to say "stop! Keep looking at the card!"

2. I tried to follow the "rule of 3" by using my red in 3 spots (the bikini, the sentiment and the outline)

3. Adding details like popping up the umbrella adds great dimension that makes the image seem more real.

4. My color choices were actually controlled by the patterned paper pack. I picked my colors from the other complimentary colors used in the design line.

Once again, I'm gonna beg -- please please please consider voting for me! :) I'd really appreciate your vote!


Stamps: MFT
Paper: SEI, Bazzill
Ink: Pallete
Accessories: Buttons (Michaels), Floss (DMC), Cork (Michaels), BBQ Skewer

12 comments:

  1. Holy cow did you sew all those buttons on???? Great card Belinda! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda this is so cute! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! That's a lot of buttons - I love it!! Good luck in Gallery Idol!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Beautiful card! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super fun, thanks for sharing your tips on how and why you created this card as you did, I always think the thought process is so helpful

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow is stunning!!! What a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I can't believe you SEWED on all those buttons! Super card, I love the image and the sun shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Card!.. Good Luck!!!

    **Sony**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous detail on this Belinda! You are rockin' the PC Idol contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this Belinda.. soooo CUTE! I want to hang it on my wall... bring the beach right on into my scrappy room!! GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete