Monday, July 27, 2009

Paper Crafts Idol - Humor Round!

Last round of Paper Crafts Gallery Idol! :) The last time I'm gonna beg for votes. ;-) Please please please consider voting for me! As usual, there's some great cards and this round's theme was humor so there should be some good laughs.

My hubster is super relieved that idol card making rounds are officially over. This means that I'll be able to actually give him a REAL home cooked meal rather than having to cook himself or having "food from a box". ;-)

Ok, onto the card... So when I learned the topic was humor, I groaned out loud. Sure, I know jokes -- like "All my 1's and 0's are belong to you" which is really only funny to computer folk (aka DORKS -- love ya all!). I also know really dirty jokes -- thanks to knowing many guys through sports, work, school... Hmm, probably best to keep it PG. I thought about wedding jokes as well... you know, the guy being chained down now that he's married... although being just married, I thought that might not be a good signal to send my dear hubster. Don't want to give him any ideas -- he still doesn't think he's chained down yet (no need to let him realize his actual status ;-).

So I figured I'd make some fries for my favorite graduate -- to remind him/her of their future! :) This card can easily be customized with their school colors. I chose shades of red as a tribute to Mickey D's. I thought about doing the arch -- but I've already blatantly copied one logo -- no need to have 2 major corporations suing me for my cards.

I also wanted to make it interactive so I made it a fun pocket card - the fries come out of the holder, just as if you were eating real fries! Yum yum! Let me tell you... I have a HUGE hankering for some tasty fries right now...

Anyways... to make the fries realistic, I sponged them first with some orange summer sunrise ink and then more lightly with the brown dark chocolate ink. I then ran them through my paper crimper to add some fry texture. I then inked each of them again with the summer sunrise to give it a golden toasty look! This added orange only to the raised portions of the fry (and really gives it a more 3-D look).

Other than that, I added some fun strips to add some more texture to my box. Also reinforced the pattern by repeating it inside as well. I also rolled some lemon tart paper into a small diploma. :D

As usual, here begins my plea. PLEASE consider voting for me! :D



Paper: Pure Poppy, Lemon Tart, White (PTI)
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate (PTI)
Font: Varsity Regular, Sans, Insane-Burger
Accessories: Silver Jewelry Thread (Michaels), Paper Crimper (Fiskars)

17 comments:

  1. Belinda, this is SO fun and cute! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card Belinda, a really interesting take on the theme. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card Belinda! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda that project is just too cute I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! I love the fries - such a fab idea to run them through your crimper! Good luck!
    Off to get me some fries...yummy!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belinda this is so awesome! You rock

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card. You always have such great ideas. Well done and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belinda I LOVE IT!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! your cards always ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! This is my 1st visit to your blog and i already in love with it :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sure made me laugh!!!

    Great card. I hope you win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun and SO creative! I absolutely love the way you crimped the fries! Good Luck!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this!! You have my vote! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love those fries, good luck with the voting!

    ....wouldn't mind some fries now, I'm really hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Love it... too funny and so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa. You were robbed. This is awesome and sadly too true with the current market.

    ReplyDelete