Tuesday, June 2, 2009

For My Friend

I have to say, having a dorky husband is awesome. :D It's nice that he's dorky so I don't have to reach into my inner dork while at home. Usually..

I've been muttering under my breath about the dork factor. I had to find a printer that had Linux drivers available. Do you know how hard that is? There were lots of "maybe it'd work" printers and of course since *I* was the one that wanted the printer, I was the one that had to find a compatible one. Personally, I was a-okay with plugging the laptops into the printer when we have to print stuff but I understand having a printer that works with all our systems and when its networked its even better... EXCEPT of course after 3 hours of fiddling with the OS, the hubster finally remembered that he fried the USB hub on the server.... Back to square one. Thanks hubby! ;-)

Ok, sorry, enough with the dorky talk. The end result is I have a printer to print sentiments, digi images and templates -- We just need to get it to work! I named my printer Leonard, Lennie for short. Hopefully he'll have a better shelf life than Bernie (my fern)! [The hubster seems to think my tendency to name inanimate objects or plants for that makes them want to shorten their lives]

Anyways, card! I love the fun images from Everyday Classics and this was just a fun little diddly I created. I loved when Michele challenged us to pull out our dusty stamps so I did pull out some stamps I hadn't used in awhile. I tend to craft with the idea of what I see in front of me is what I use policy. So in order to solve that I've decided that I'm going to put stamps I've just used in the back of my stamp box and keep the older ones up front! That way I'll cycle through all my stamps and it'll be like Christmas every day! Maybe, just maybe, I won't even feel compelled to get 30 thousand stamps sets every month. Hee hee. ;-) Well, a girl can dream...

In addition to my cycling, I do keep a basket of new supplies. I don't let myself remove supplies that I haven't used from that basket. This way, I know I'll use my new supplies. :D How many new yet dusty supplies do you have hanging around? Or old and dusty for that matter? ;-)

Stamps: Everyday Classics, Tags for Spring (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry (PTI), VersaMark
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Melon Berry (PTI), Vellum (Archivers)
Other: Label 1 Nestabilities, Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Flower (Making Memories), Button (Making Memories)

10 comments:

  1. does yarn and "new dusty toys" count? i have oodles of yarn that i have bought for projects that i say i will do. sighs. they will get done, along with my many WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tags for spring circle as a background! Since I found PTI I really have become addicted- each month there are things I can't go without and yet I already have plenty to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Belinda! I love the colors, the ribbon, the vellum...all SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love the colors.

    I think it's brilliant to cycle your stamps. I should try that, but I get on kicks with favorite stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and love this design! Congrats also on your big news! Isn't designing for a company fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I love the birdie image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the card Belinda!! and I LOVE you name things!! hee hee! Good luck with Lennie!
    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete