Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Papertrey Princess Challenge 3 - One Layer Card

The hubster is still up fixing the Linux server so I'm staying up too as a means of solidarity... so here I am!

Yeah, yeah... I'm totally late again for the challenge! This time we were challenged to make a one layer card -- no one ever said pearls or ribbon were considered layers... ;-)

Ok, so onto the deets of this card. I'm not a one layered card person at all. Looking back in my archives I think I've only done like one other one layered card. What can I say? I love my layers! So this was a challenge for me.

I really wanted to get some depth into the card so I added the sponging to the embossed nestability frame. Its as if there are imaginary layers. ;-) And of course, the ribbon helps to add some dimension as well.

Seriously guys, can you have a card without ribbon? ;-) Maybe that should be the next challenge... hah, I'd prolly totally fail that one.

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms, Friends Til the End
Paper: White
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Chalk ink
Ribbon: Dark Chocolate twill and Sweet Blush Grosgrain
Other: Pearls (Hero Arts), Nestabilities (Label 4, i think?)

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful soft looking card! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one is a beauty! I love the stamped image and all the other elements of this one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgous card Belinda. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Belinda! I love the embossed label- what a great idea for a one layer card! And I so love beautiful blooms...darn PTI keeps coming up with great sets every month and I can't catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the sponging on your sentiment frame, and the pearls are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Belinda! This is awesome! You did awesome on this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love your color choices, and you did a great job adding dimension to a one-layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on this card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous! And whta a great idea to add some dimension by using the labels four nestie to emboss and then sponge . . . you clever girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful, so many great details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This came out so pretty! Though I think you did cheat by adding the ribbon and pearls *LOL* Love the colors you went with:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, I love this Belinda! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely, positively gorgeous card. Wow.

    ReplyDelete