Thursday, August 23, 2012

WMS August Day 3

Welcome to the third day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring NINE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting August 24.

Today we're featuring sets Little Lanterns, Bright Season and Light of the World Sentiments.


For this first card, I decided some misting was in order.
I like to buy mists.
Almost more than I like to eat.
And that's saying a lot. ;-)
But I tend to just look at the pretty colors...
So it was high time I used some on an actual project.


 I created a fun little sunburst pattern with the help of a ruler and some temporary adhesive.
And then misted away in white.
After that, I removed my mask and misted the entire thing with some perfect pearls.
Lots of shine.
Lots of mist.

A little window die cut from the Opera tags set and a sentiment to tie the misting in with  the rest of the card.


For this card, I stamped the leaf from Bright Season, which granted was intended as a holly leaf...
But I think it looks cute.
And once you change the color, no one knows anyways. ;-)
Added a sentiment from Vintage Seed Packet.


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the rest of the WMS team to see some awesome projects!


Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Bonnie Sharp
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love the misting & all the fab texture on the second card! The images look gorgeous too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock clean and simple!! Love how you've used the leaves in the 2nd card, just love it!! And I am totally with you on the mists... I buy, but I don't use so much :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous - I really like the texture on the second card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Belinda! I almost bought some perfect pearls yesterday at a scrap store because of your past projects, but alas...decided on ribbon instead, hee! I do have the mists, but somehow they stay on my shelf looking pretty, too! Your shimmering cards are inspiring me to add some sparkle to my life! Love the fall leaves and the beautiful use of the tag die to show the sentiment on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! A misters collector! I too have mists all over my room and I have yet to spray with them lol! Love your creations Belinda, your CAS card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, love the added texture on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful sunburst Belinda! love how you used the die cut too - I wondered what set the 'leaves' came from!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your misting is so tidy! haha. I guess I need to try that method sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful. The rays of sunshine are a fantastic touch and so creative.

    Love the misting...I have so much of that stuff, I really should use it more...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards Belinda - love that you misted! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belinda I love your creative idea with the first one. Beautiful cards to share with us today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards today. I really love the Thank you card: CAS and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that sunburst card...
    it's gorgeous and so perfect for that sentiment!!
    Love the texture and simplicity of the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards! Such a great idea cutting out the section of the front to show the inside sentiment- perfect! I love the thank you card as well. It is sweet and simple. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful simple elegant lamp Christmas card. ....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the first card, clean and simple

    ReplyDelete