Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shutterbugs

I learned at a young age that good photos take time.
We learned how to stand still and wait.
Wait for others to move out of the frame.
Wait for dad to position the shot just right.
And now I do the same thing to my friends and family.
Except some of them aren't so patient...


But this photo cracked me up when I saw it.
Mainly because this is what we did a lot during our vacation.
Compare photos.
And discuss light. And shutter speeds.
So how do you not make a layout from this pic?


And a little chevron pattern to make life more fun.
I cut out paper strips and then proceeded to line them up.
Then I stitched over the middle.
Hides some flaws and its just plain fun.
It's definitely not a perfect pattern.
But then again, I'm ok with not being perfect.

The title is misted onto Heidi Swapp's Color Magic letters.
I'm not sure how I feel about them still but it turned out pretty cool.



Isn't it fun creating your own patterns out of paper? Let me know if you have done it with other shapes before!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love those chevrons, Belinda! Awesome stitching too!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture, it looks like your dad is in his natural habitat. Great excuse to pull out the camera stamps (?? or stickers?) too haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chevron pattern and stitching! And the colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout! I love the chevrons and the stitching...I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya - oo i love the chevrons. and the picture cracks me up with the "oh snap" :) cute cute and i like hoe you incorporated the date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout, Belinda. Love your chevrons and all the stitching. How great it is that you two share a love for photography. I'm sure he has given you some great pointers...I unfortunately don't have anyone close to help me, so I stumble along in manual mode...LOL

    ReplyDelete