Saturday, April 30, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release - Day 3

Welcome to the second day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects over the next several days featuring FIVE new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Sunday, May 1.

Today we're all sharing creations with the doily sets: Dainty Doilies - Large and Dainty Doilies 2 - Small. It's a fabulous set that you can use to create so many lovely doilies with! :)

So I am going to start with a quick apology. The batteries of my camera are not charged... silly Belinda. So I'm unable to pull additional pics off. :( However, I do have one layout that I did pull off earlier (yes, sometimes I don't procrastinate... just sometimes). Of course I say that and it's 1am EST. ;-)

So I have a simple layout.
A layout that if B knew she was on, she'd kill me.
She is not a fan of glitter and if she knew what a doily was, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't approve.
But because I love to tease her, I had to put glitter on any layout with B in it.
Only cos I love her!

Lucky for me she's not in the same state as me anymore. 
And I'm also 95% sure she doesn't read this blog.
Because part of me isn't really sure that state lines would save me from her wrath. ;-)

 
So I used the doily from Dainty Doilies 2 - Small. It's a little mini set that is totally jam packed with fabulous images! The larger image you see on the top corner of the photo is a 2 set stamp. You need to stamp it twice.

Are the doilies easy to stamp?
Sure.
Was it perfect the first time I did it?
No... then again, what is? ;-)
I definitely recommend playing some music (or watching some Dancing with the Stars) and just starting with scratch paper first. It's fabulously soothing and you're find what works for you.

The border is stamped with one of the images that is included in the set as well. I love that they matchy match. :) The other doily fits perfectly on the big scalloped circle (large) die from Spellbinders. A match made in heaven! :)



Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit the rest of the ladies for some fabulous creations as well!

26 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda! This is so pretty! The white on kraft is gorgeous and I do love the glitter! Makes it more special! The border you created is lovely! The doily looks so pretty detailed! Love it!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belinda, laughing at the state lines part... too funny. Love your LO... just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful glittery remembrance! Fabulous Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda

    Your layout is very beautiful and I like the way you stamped the doilies. The glitter looks very good!

    I also very much like your thank you card shown yesterday. The background looks great and I like the soft colours.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout, Belinda! Beautiful use of the doilies (gorgeous border too). Can't wait to see the rest of the sets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gloriously lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great page design Belinda! The lacey doily pieces look like REAL lace!! what a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout. What die or punch did you use with the small doily with the button on it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, just got the answer to my question at the bottom of your post- I should have finished the entire post before asking the question.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belinda this is FABULOUS!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY... I saw that on Claires blog.. I hope it is true! ;) Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo i love love this layout. and the doilies are really the big focal point in this. maybe B won't notice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic layout. Love the white stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the delicate, lacy look of those stamps! Beautiful work, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, love the simplicity and clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how the doilies turned out on your layout! So, so pretty! Thanks for the "tips"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the doily pattern fits so perfectly with this layout. Very nice!
    thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh yeah - happy birthday, Belinda :) i hope it's a fun one... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very pretty. Your border is beautiful and looks hand-stitched in your close-up photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab layout and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great picture of you guys :) You're right, B would not approve of the doilies at all and the lack of gator colors. Your secret is safe with me. :) I love this color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute! Love the embossed border and the glitter! Love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so cute! I ordered those doilies and can't wait for them to come!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have no desire to own any doily stamps. Nope none. But your layout is making me re-think that!! I love the embossing, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete