Saturday, April 2, 2011

April SOAP - Day 2 - Sunshine

You may remember that Waltzingmouse Stamps’ own Claire Brennan announced that WMS will be releasing new sets every other month. Well, that doesn’t mean that the WMS Design Team is going to leave you high and dry for the “off” months…no way! In the next few days, Waltzingmouse Stamps is having a Stamp of Approval Parade, or SOAP for short. In case you missed Day 1, be sure to go check out everyone's lovely creations!

We'll be highlighting last month’s new release sets for the next three days. We'll have a fun little post for you on the fourth day as well. And keep your eyes peeled for some fun chances to participate in the fun (and perhaps win a fun prize!)

It's snowing here in Pittsburgh. Yes snowing.
Earlier this week I was in the Northeast.
With fears of a Nor'easter.
(Oh boy did I change my flight so fast when I heard that)

Rain or shine, snow or sleet, I was not about to spend my weekend in New England.
Especially since I still have 2 SOAP projects to complete...
Ah, procrastination.

So I figured a little sun could cheer us all up today!.


Today I decided to showcase how you can use Bitty Banners to create a fabulous sun image that can be used on your cards or any paper crafting project of our choice. :)  I stamped two different banners in two different colors and glued them to a felt circle. I adhered some vellum behind it for a fun whimsical look.


Just in case you're wondering, I did manage to get out in time. :)
And I got to spend Friday watching the snow flurries fall from my window at work.
But "spring" will come soon, right?

Be sure to check out everyone's lovely creations!

20 comments:

  1. Belinda - this is so great. I love your banner sun and how creative of you to see this design in those images. Your photo is outstanding and looks divine on this layout. What a great memory you have preserved with this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a brilliant idea!!! LOVE this! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute sun with the banners. We honeymooned in St Thomas too - such a delightful sunny corner of the world and if it did rain a beautiful rainbow followed the quick downpours. Thanks for sharing this fantastic memory with a cute creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda, you come up with the greatest scrapbook layouts. I love how you used the banners to make the sun. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful memory page Belinda! - Love your sun design with the banners, felt ring, and button!

    Were you in Boston on your trip?? if you ever come there maybe we can meet for lunch???!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable LO Belinda - it is a wonderful happy reminder of those sunny honeymoon days. Reminds me too of my honeymoon on St Lucia, also in the Caribbean.
    Hope spring will be heading your way soon, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fun bannery sun!! How clever!! Your photo is gorgeous, and you showcased it beautifully with your fabulous layout!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely layout, love the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy sun and page...I forgot how that feels ;-)
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE that sun! Love all of the different textures and patterns that you used to make it...a perfect addition next to that gorgeous photo, look at the bluuuues in it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Belinda!! What a great idea to make a sun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And it was so hot here yesterday that I had to get my shorts out! (in the S.F. bay area.) I adore your sun rays made from the banners, and the center from the tree!! Too clever, and a very cute page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how clever turning the banners into a sun and a wonderful scrap page indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome LO Belinda! Love how you created the sunshine using the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, that is one cutie idea! Love the banner sun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous banner sun - i miss the sun too and it was snowing on my end last friday! do i spy teeny trees? love your entire LO too - so fun to use the yellow to complement all the blues in the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at the banner sun! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clever idea, love your banner sun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout. I love the sun!!!!

    ReplyDelete