Friday, April 1, 2011

April SOAP - Day 1 - Yee Haw!

You may remember that Waltzingmouse Stamps’ own Claire Brennan announced that WMS will be releasing new sets every other month. Well, that doesn’t mean that the WMS Design Team is going to leave you high and dry for the “off” months…no way! In the next few days, Waltzingmouse Stamps is having a Stamp of Approval Parade, or SOAP for short.
(For the CS dorks, everytime I see SOAP, I think of web services, xml and all that fun stuff.. For the non-CS dorks, just be glad you have no idea what I'm talking about)

We'll be highlighting last month’s new release sets for the next three days. We'll have a fun little post for you on the fourth day as well. And keep your eyes peeled for some fun chances to participate in the fun (and perhaps win a fun prize!)

So let's get started shall we? What better way to kick off the April SOAP event than with a "Yee Haw" layout?

I've dug up a lot of old college photos.
I miss college. Lots.

I was going to say I don't miss the late nights.
But who am I kidding?
I've been up late every night this week and the week before that and the week before that...
(No such thing as learning through osmosis)

Maybe I should restate that as I miss my college friends. Lots.
But photos of them make me happy. :)


When I saw Back in the Saddle, I knew I was going to scrap this photo. Never thought you'd see a Western set on a pink layout, did ya? ;-)

I think I use almost all the sets on this little layout. Can you spot them all?
The woodgrain from Way Out West is embossed with clear EP on kraft.
Bitty Banners is used for the polka dot pattern.
And of course, I couldn't resist using the lovely Very Vintage Labels No 18.



Hanging out with my friends makes me happy.
Scrapping those events makes me go "yee haw"!
And these ladies have fabulous projects that will make you go "yee haw" as well. Be sure to stop by all the blogs!


Stamps: (Back in the SaddleWay Out WestBitty BannersVery Vintage Labels No 18) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Embossing Powder: Ranger
Ink: Versamark, Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Tools: (circle punches) EK Success, (scallop border) Fiskars, (Labels 18) Spellbinders

24 comments:

  1. Great layout, the pink and blue look fab together here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee-Haw! This is fun, Belinda!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun layout Belinda. Love the bright pink combined with the sentiment...your picture is just TOO cute. Yippeekiaye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page Belinda! A beautiful way to remember a fun event! and the colors really pop on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I have such a hard time scrapping, so I am always in awe of cute, clean layouts like this. Love how you pulled the pink and blue from the photo for your colors and how you used different bits from all the sets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute... I love incorporating the pink into the western theme... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the pink with the western theme! Fabulous page Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet LO, Belinda! I love the bright colors and the neat stamps! Great photo too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, & simple page layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome layout Belinda! Treasure to remember for sure - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute and fun is this Belinda!! Love how you matched the colors to the scarves! I too have fond memories of college, and do not miss the crazy late nights. We'd even go out to breakfast sometimes at 3:00 am. Ahhhh...you brought back some good memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stupendous idea for the embossed woodgrain and teamed with the pink is fabulous!


    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is just great, love your style so much. Oh college, that was decades ago... i don't recall mine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! The bright pink and blue are so pretty together, and I really like how you used the label image to help your title to stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great clean and simple layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun LO! Love the pink and the title, too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love the western and the pink together!! What a fun photo and a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun colours for a fun photo......great layout very much my style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout and fun colours Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh way fun, Belinda! I love the modern flair of the pink with the woodgrain, and that picture is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fun LO Belinda! Love the bright color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh how i miss college minus the studying and tests and coding projects ;) the woodgrain is fantastic and i love love the YeeHaw LO title - splash right across the fun blue paper. love how you used your accent colors from the scarves in the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute! I love the bright pink, the photo, and your journaling! Your writing is fantastic. You should make a font. I'd buy it!

    ReplyDelete