Monday, January 17, 2011

WMS December Customer Waltz - A Perfect Day

Please join us for our Friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Waltz

Welcome to the WMS Customer Waltz! You should be sure to check out all the fabulous projects at the WMS forum! :) And as usual, there's a fun game as well. Spot all the watermarks in the WMS DT member's photos and you could win a fun prize. We might have 0 watermarks, 1,2, 3 or more! ;-)

This month's theme is all about L-O-V-E. :)

I took it into a little different twist. Because I can't follow rules. Ever...
Just ask my Kindergarten teacher, bless her soul.

So this is what transpired in my little head.
Love == Wedding == Scrapbook page of my wedding... and then I took it a step further. Because I never want to forget all the mistakes behind that day. Because weddings are never perfect. 

In fact, they're nothing close to perfect except to the bride. 
Watching Four Weddings on TLC has taught me that well.
(Confession: I watch a lot of bad reality TV while crafting and I watch a lot of bad reality TV when I'm not crafting... just ask my hubs)


For the most part, I let the journaling and pictures speak for themselves. I added a little stamping -- the flowers from  Big Blooms Chrysanthemums, very wedding appropriate and then of course, my favorite pattern from Pic-Nic Patterns. This pattern is so beat up it's not even funny anymore.

Why are the pics so small? Well, those little pics are actually the little thumbnails you get with your picture order. Ah recycling. It's good for ya and for your kids and your kid's kids and so on.

And I think it the little pics sum it up quite well -- even though all these little mistakes happened, everyone only sees the big picture -- a bride in a wedding dress getting married to her beloved.

No one knows that I blinked when my mascara was applied -- talk about a royal mess.

No one knows we were running late because of my mascara boo boo.
No one knows that we didn't eat lunch.

No one knows my veil wasn't staying put at ALL.
No one remembers the snow and sleet.
No one else notices the mistakes.

Well, except for my brother falling during my ceremony...
I will never forgive myself for that one...
I've replayed the events leading up to that one part of the wedding one too many times.
So sorry little bro!

I'd say that next time I'd stamp my pretty little manicured foot down.
Ask people to stick to the schedule I had provided, to not improvise.
But I'd like there to be no next time as I have no intent of getting married again.
Once was more than enough.

No plans to be a part of ANY wedding again.
Not even if I have kids.
My imaginary kids better elope.

But for now, my wedding is certainly providing some lovely pictures to scrap. ;)

Thanks for waltzing by and I hope you'll be sure to check out everyone else's fabulous projects as well!



Stamps: (Big Blooms Chrysanthemums, Pic-Nic Patterns) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: (white pigment, raspberry fizz hybrid) Papertrey Ink,
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Fibers: (floss) DMC)
Accents: (letter stickers) American Crafts, (gems) Hero Arts, (clip) Making Memories
Tools: (border punch) Fiskars

44 comments:

  1. Belinda that's a great idea to recycle the contact sheets! Plus you can fit more on the layout too!
    As you get older you tend to forget those moments and only remember the fond ones! Either that or I've completely blocked them out! hehe!

    Hugs

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, Belinda. So clever to use those thumbnails, WOW! Had to enlarge it to read your funny little stories because I was so intrigued!! All that commotion but you looked so beautiful!! Fab project for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea Belinda - and yes - nothing goes perfect - and yet it is still so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous piece! I should try this size someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout rocks! I love everything about it Belinda... so clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used your index pics. I have thought of doing that several times. You have created one fantastic layout here kiddo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a perfect layout to document your perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous layout. I really like how you've used the small thumbnail prints - such a good idea (I may "borrow" it). Super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great page to remember your 'perfect' wedding - your story is too funny Belinda! I think there are many tales like that around! that's what make's special days so memorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay scrappiness! I like the thumbnails, and the little clippy at the top! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great LO and wonderful memories. If everything was perfect there'd be nothing to talk/laugh about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely page. Thanks for sharing your perfect day with us!!! the stitching around 3 sides just reminded me of Claire's stamps...'Frame-It'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This reminds me of my wedding and all the the futile paddling beneath the water to make it look faultless! This gorgeous keepsake of the day is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great page, Belinda. I hardly use any stamps on a layout. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful scrap "A perfect day" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea to make a scrapbook page for the waltz...love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belinda, what a great layout & story behind the pictures! You make me want to get my scrapbook done. Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome Belinda!!
    Love your pages as much as I love your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belinda this is a great idea for a scrapbook page! I love the kraft behind your beautiful little pictures and the stitching--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great layout Belinda - perfect for the "Love" theme of this waltz. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun LO Belinda! Love the white blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your layout! So much fun :) You have a great scrapbook style! Love the flowers stamped in the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a serious knack for amazing layouts, yep, you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! Its a fantastic layout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE how you used the thumbnails! LOVE how you told your story about seeing the big picture! So profound! LOVE the white stamped flowers! FAB FAB page!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just beautiful Belinda! What a perfect layout for the Love theme! And what a great idea to use the contact sheets, it will make me think next time I get some pictures printed!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful layout!! Love the small pics and the cluster of embellies on the right handside!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving your work, Belinda! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I really appreciate it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maybe if we work on our wedding books together they will get finished? You're already ahead of me. I still need to print photos! Did finally hang up one wedding photo on our wall, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your post gave me a chuckle!! You are so far ahead of me on the wedding stuff and we got married in 2007! Great layout and great use of those thumbnails!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful layout! I love the use of the thumbnails!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you did a layout and I LOVE your layout! You totally inspired me to scrap something!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great layout! I think it's perfect for the theme. Love the thumbnails and I love the flowers stamped in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great layout Belinda! I love your story about your wedding boo-boo's, made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the layout! Great use of the contact sheet too! I am not the only one who noticed the awesomely hilarious things that went wrong at our wedding (at least I thought they were funny!) The groom dove off of the cake...twice! Oh, and my ring bearer ran down the aisle...after being coaxed for 5 minutes with a car. There are many more equally funny things about that day...like me nearly getting married in just my underoos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great layout! I love those little contact sheets. Weddings are funny, so much build up for that "perfect" day.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great blog post, Belinda. I love your layout - the story, the little contact sheet photos, the stitching that surrounds it all.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I LOVE this Belinda!! How FUN you used the thumb nails for this!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great way to use thumbnail photos to create a truly fabulous page filled with memories.

    Things I love about this layout are:
    • the journaling
    • the little photos
    • the stitching and bow
    • the fabulous stamping (those flowers are awesome)

    Great job.

    P.S. I thought it was an "old wive's tale" about locking one's knees causing faintness. I guess not. Your poor little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  40. i only remember a chic, modern vintage bride being really excited! the only reason i may even remember those moments is because you made a page to remember those moments... although david falling over - that one is pretty hard to forget (poor dude).

    but i do dig the whole using thumbnails. way to go on using 'em up! gorgeous stitching!

    ReplyDelete