Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sending My Love

So who else is still struggling with the whole coming back to reality after vacation?  I swear, I need coffee and it's 8pm...   This is the longest break I've taken in awhile as we didn't have the funds to go anywhere special this year. Ok, enough of my petty complaints...

I think by this point, many of you have heard about Katie Renz already. If you haven't heard, Katie has posted her story on her blog so be sure to check it out. I was just thinking about how when I was a wee little stamper just dipping my toes into this crazy stamping world, Katie is one of the ladies that really encouraged me -- I even have a few RAKs from her (here and here).   I wanted to send something to her to let her know I was thinking about her -- the least I could do.

Just wanted to send a little ray of sunshine over her way. I kept it bright and happy. A little bit of coloring, a little bit of inking and a lot of paper piecing. I love doing this with scraps of paper... punch a few with the handy dandy square punch (or trim them to size) and create your own quilt. It gives a fun colorful effect -- to bring out the edges, I do apply some distress inking to the edges. It's not necessary but I think it makes the pieces stand out more if you use similar colors.



Stamps: (Branching Out) There She Goes
Cardstock: PTI
Patterned Paper: (365 Degrees) Pink Paislee
Fibers: (ribbon) PTI, (twill) Craft Supply
Accents: (buttons) Making Memories
Die cuts: Spellbinders

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and very cheerful! It is sure to warm her heart! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went somewhere special!!! CHA!!!! lol.
    What reality? oh you mean sitting in vendor presentations?! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Belinda what a nice card to make for her! I think about her often, it is so sad. This card would brighten anyones day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright, lovely card. She will be thrilled to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the letter/envelope tree and the quilted background is fab! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I'm sure she will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Belinda,

    So sweet of you and you have made this a very cheerful card, so I'm sure this will make her smile! Those envelopes in the tree are lovely!
    Wishing you all the best!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilted bg is lovely and the colours are pretty and bright. I'm sure she will appreciate this card that has been made with such heartfelt wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the quilt. and the colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The BG on this is lovely Belinda. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic card once again! and so creative!
    Thank you ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda this is so PRETTY! She is gonna LOVE it! A big CONGRATS to you on the IDOL win! :) I saw that in my mag. while flying over the ocean!! :) I ADORE your work girly it was so DESERVED!!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. vute tree Belinda...happy new year for you and I love always your card dear....your fans...Monika :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful belinda! it will definitely brighten her day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, I'm sure that she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the background. Love the bright colors. Love the coloring. Katie will love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Best Wishes ~Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous, Belinda, I love that tree!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card, Belinda! I love the way you stamped the envelopes and the quilt is stunning. It is such a cheerful card and I'm sure Katie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a beautiful card, using a great patchwork technique.

    I'm quite sure it brightened Katie's day.

    ReplyDelete