Saturday, July 27, 2013

Stitch Fix Review 3.14

It's time for another Stitch Fix box! :) This time we're calling it box 3.14 (or pi) since it's my 4th box, Laurie's 3rd box and Coleen's first. What does that give you? Pi! Hardee har har! I crack myself up with my brilliance sometimes. (Prior boxes blogged here: Box 1Box 2

So let's take a look at the boxes because I know that's why you're here and what ya'll really want to see!

Laurie's Box

(1) Maxwell Ladder Stitch Silk Blouse from Daniel Rainn
We're apparently not fans of the flowy blouses. I think they look love one some people but we're not confident in them. The necklace I'm wearing actually comes from Coleen's box and works really well with this blouse.

(2) Bilson Silk Pleat Tab-Sleeve Blouse from 41Hawthorn
This one was even bigger and longer than the other one. I think the length didn't help it.

(3) Krietta Mix Striped Maxi Dress from Kensie
Maxi dresses are so comfy and this one has a fun touch at the bottom to make it unique. Super adorable!

(4) Art Deco Square Jeweled Necklace from Baublebar
Love this look!

(5) Johnny Skinny Jeans from Kensie Jeans
Too small for Laurie. Fit me but way too long - no one needs pics of that! :)

Coleen's Box

(1) Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse from Collective Concepts
Super simple but quite a lovely color.

(2) Karenna Flutter Detail Dress from Lilla P
Definitely needed the belt and adding a cardi really makes the dress pop.

(3) Kristy Striped Fine Gauge Sweater from Renee C
This is sooo not the right color for me. But cute style.

(4) Sophia Skinny Jeans from Kensie Jeans
Way too long for the shorties in the group...

(5) Leaf Charms Long Necklace from 41Hawthron
I thought it was adorable! (See the first picture of this blog post where I'm wearing it) I don't normally wear long necklaces or I could have kept it myself. :)

My Box
I'm going to admit I was a little disappointed in my box this time. It really was outside my comfort level. The last two boxes were much more my style (even with the pieces I sent back).

(1) Kennedy Ikat Tunic Dress
Way too much pattern and it hits me really high up. You can tell on Coleen it hit at a much more appropriate spot. Laurie just wore it with a pair of leggings to keep this blog PG.

(2) Sheila Beaded Collar Detail Dress from Mystree
Love at first sight. Coleen and Laurie called this the "Belinda" dress.

(3) Shanna Draped Printed Dress
I don't have the boobs to pull this off -- damn genetics. It drapes a little funny on me. I loved how it looked on Coleen. I didn't think it was that bad on me until I saw it on her.

(4) Stacy Tabsleeve Floral Print Dress
I'll admit... I called this the "Grandma" dress. Perhaps the better description is "Prairie Girl" dress. The lace detail (the only part I liked) was on the back and not something you'd notice. In addition, I felt like you had to add a cardi or it wouldn't work (but that would hide the lace).

(5) Art Deco Tube Multi Beaded Necklace
Blech. Not my cup of tea.

So what did we keep?
Laurie: It's a surprise. Cos that's how she rolls.
Coleen: On the fence with the maxi dress. I also think she should keep the blue flutter detail dress but we'll see..
Belinda: Shelia Beaded Collar Dress

If you haven't tried Stitch Fix out, give it a shot! And finding 2 other friends to do it with you means triple the fun!

(Prior boxes blogged here: Box 1Box 2

1 comment:

  1. Always fun to see what you get! After reading several blogs about Stitch Fix this week, I finally ordered my first Fix...I signed up months ago! Anxious to see what I will get especially since I am pretty picky!

    ReplyDelete