Saturday, June 1, 2013

Birthday Palooza

No one would ever say that I have the memory of an elephant. In fact, I tend to forget things the week after it happens unless it's recorded somehow (either via pen, computer or camera). So in an attempt to remember the great moments, I've started what I like to call "Project Whatever the Heck I Feel Like". Shortened to Project Whatever because that's how I roll.

I love the small 6x8 albums that have been floating around. They're always really quick layouts and I've been doing a number of events from 2013. I haven't been sharing them, but there are some events that are too amazing not to share. That  is a layout from what I like to call the crazy birthday palooza of 2013. Because it was a fricking good one. One filled with family, friends, and love. The way they always should be.


The little rosemary twig was actually on my plate so I incorporated the page. I love incorporating small little things like this into the page. It adds a little something something and helps me remember the tiny details. In general, I like to keep these relatively simple with little bulk but rules are made to be broken.


I love asking for the business cards from my favorite restaurants. They're great if you don't have a chance to take a photo of your group (or the tasty food). The one from Station One was way too pretty to not make a key part of the page and so I had some of the food photos .

Also been loving stamping on my photos. A little ink+ the heat gun make for some great little details on the photos. The nice thing is that usually if you mess up, you can wipe it off and start over again.

Loving that these spreads are so fun and easy. Have you given them a try? Share your links!

Supplies


Stamps: Limitless Labels (Papertrey Ink), Dear Lizzy Roller Stamp (American Crafts)
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink, White Wood Paper (Kelly Purkey DD Kit)
Patterned Paper: Gold vellum, twinkle card (Kelly Purkey DD Kit), Dotted paper (Cosmo Cricket)
Accents: Staples (Tim Holtz Mini Stapler), Wood Veneer Stars (Studio Calico), Sticker (Cosmo Cricket)




2 comments:

  1. The layouts look awesome! That business card is super hot. haha. Glad you had a good birthday :)

    Which 6x8 albums are you using? I might try one for our Cali trip album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I like the new bloggy graphics. I guess I should get on creating mine too :) hehe

    ReplyDelete